JEAN M. HODGES
◇ Philadelphia, PA, 19145 ◇
To be successful in role that challenges my creative talents, organizational skills and administrative prowess in return for professional stability and career satisfaction.
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
Master’s of Fine Arts in Creative Writing with Fairleigh Dickinson University. July 2021.
Stockton University, Galloway, NJ
Bachelor’s of the Arts in Literary Studies with a Minor in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Dec. 2018.
Program Skills and Proficiencies
- 5+ years of experience in retail sales, office work, and within fresh food service.
- Proficient skill in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Microsoft Office suite of products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven writing prowess across multiple genres and mediums, including fiction, poetry, screenwriting, playwriting, and web content.
- Basic skills in graphic design, web design, voice-over, voice-recording, and videography.
Published Works and Awards
“Vintage, Third-Wave, Retro Sexy: An Interview And Review of Carta Monir’s Napkin”- an analysis article published in The Comics Journal, an online magazine that covers comics from around the world. July 2020.
- “The Monster and the Itch”, a short story. Winner of the Joseph Courter Fiction Award from the Stockton University. Apr. 2018
- “Being Black and Ace”, a personal essay published in Chicago Literari, a nonprofit literary magazine, Apr. 2017
Call Center Representative (Temporary)
Logisticare – Pennsylvania (via The Bettinger Company: Professional Staffing Services) – October 2019 — February 2020
- Assist customers with transportation questions and concerns
- Schedule, modify and cancel reservations as requested
- Obtain and document details of any complaints being filed
- Receive and document customer concerns
- Ensure that all relevant customer information is documented
- Attend all required meetings
- Adhere to and ensures all company policies and procedures are maintained
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and tardiness record
- Ensure accurate trip data input
- Maintain a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Demonstrate sincere personal commitment to producing high quality work
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated department for further investigation and resolution
- Promote a positive working environment
Graduate Assistant for The Literary Review
Fairleigh Dickinson University — Madison, NJ, 07940 – July 2019 – Present
- Reading writing submission to TLR magazine and providing feedback to lead editors
- Perform research on new features and titles for books and assist all executive editors in all editorial work.
- Perform all administrative tasks and proofread all manuscripts and publications and recommend corrections as required.
- Evaluate all publications and proofread all copies and ensure accuracy for each publication and make corrections to reports if required and organize and plan various projects.
Part-time Deli/Bakery Clerk
Harris Teeter – April 2019 – September 2019
- Assisting shoppers at the deli counter by recommending foods, providing samples of meats and cheeses, cutting, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses, and responding to customer inquiries and requests.
- Maintain clean work areas, update displays, and inform customers about specials, promotions, and new items.
Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods.
- Measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
Navy Exchange Bethesda – July 2017-January 2019
- Greets customers. Completes sales transactions accurately and efficiently. Performs all types of cash register transactions (cash, charge, check, layaway, etc.) in a procedurally correct manner. Accepts money, makes change, bags and wraps merchandise. Thanks customers for their patronage.
- Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner, which includes adhering to NEX dress codes/uniform standards, and assisting/supporting sales team members to the maximum extent possible. Communicates with customers knowledgeably and legibly.
- Sells items located at checkout points, as assigned. Ensures merchandise is fully stocked, neatly arranged and attractively displayed. Communicates regularly with supervisor, store/services manager, etc. regarding fast and slow selling merchandise, customer preferences, needs, and problems.
Student Assistant in the School of Education Office
Stockton University – May 2018-December 2018
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail for Stockton’s School of Education Office
- Answers, screens and refers inquiries with potential students, various faculty, and incoming teachers with
- Provides photocopying and distribution services to student and faculty of Stockton University
- Ensures that copy machines remain operational (clearing jams, adding toner, etc.)
- Operates computer based equipment
- Types routine correspondence, provides data entry services for secretaries and Dean of Students
- Maintains filing system (updating index, creating, updating and forwarding files, etc.)
- Maintains stock of office supplies and specialized forms
- Collates general information to Student of Education office faculty and staff as required
- Assists other office staff Student of Education office faculty and staff as required
- Picks up supplies on for the Student of Education office faculty and staff a periodic basis
Associate Store Clerk
Children’s Place – June 2018-August 2018
- Process apparel, greet customers and advise them of currents and the Place card
- Checking outcustomers as well as helping them with returns/exchanges
- Recommending merchandise tocustomers based on their needs or wants,
- Answering customers questions about merchandise,product prices, The Place Card, and my Rewards Card.
Editing Intern for SoJourn Magazine
Stockton University – September 2017-December 2017
- Edit, set type, and design the layout of Soujorn magazine in Adobe Indesign.
- Communicates with team members and supervisor on magazine edits
- Discusses best course of action for magazine setup and potential supplementary materials.