Jean M. Hodges
NEX – July 2017-January 2019
Student Assistant in the School of Education Office
Stockton University – May 2018-December 2018
Associate Store Clerk
Children’s Place – June 2018-August 2018
Editing Intern for SoJourn Magazine
Stockton University – September 2017-December 2017
Staff Writer at The Argo Newspaper
Stockton University – February 2017-April 2018
Poetry Staff Member, Online Magazine and Media
Sojo Media – March 2017-December 2017
Bachelor’s of the Arts in Literary Studies with a Minor in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Dec. 2018
Program Skills and Proficiencies
- Microsoft Office suite of products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven writing prowess across multiple genres and mediums, including fiction, poetry, screenwriting, playwriting, and web content.
- Basic skills in graphic design, web design, voice-over, voice-recording, and videography.
Published Works and Awards
- “The Monster and the Itch”, a short story. Winner of the Joseph Courter Fiction Award from the Stockton University. Apr. 2018
- “I’m Never Sure What to Tell You”, “Apple Juice”, “Golden Flower Girl”, a poem, a flash fiction and a digital art piece respectively. Apr. 2018
- “Being Black and Ace”, a personal essay published in Chicago Literari, a nonprofit literary magazine, Apr. 3, 2017
To pursue opportunities with major publications that will allow me to utilize and further develop my current literary skills and talents with respect to fiction writing, novelization, and poetry.